(WILLIAMSPORT) The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has announced various grants over the past month according to Sen. Gene Yaw (R-Lycoming).
Two area businesses have received funding from the Nitrogen Tire Inflation System Grant program. This program is designed to aid Pennsylvania car dealers who sell tires in Pennsylvania with a 50 percent matching grant up to $5,000 to purchase and install nitrogen tire inflation systems. The two car dealers are:
- Williams Auto Plaza III, Sayre, Bradford County, $4,226 and;
- J. Murray Motor Co., Inc. Muncy, Lycoming County, $4,872.
Kelly Township, Union County, has received a grant for $2,275 from the Pennsylvania Small Business and Household Pollution Prevention Grant program. This grant assisted township officials in developing and operating a household hazardous waste collection event in Kelly Township this past June.
John Rogers of South Williamsport will receive $1,168 from the Underground Storage Tank (UST) Environmental Cleanup Fund-Home Heating Release Reimbursement Program. According to DEP, eligible sites contain USTs with a capacity of 3,000 gallons or less used for storing heating oil for consumption on the premises where stored.
In Sullivan County, the Northern Tier Solid Waste Authority was provided a grant for $1,105 under the Recycling Performance Grant Program. This amount was based on 13.2 tons recycled for the calendar year 2007 and based on the county’s population.
Finally, reimbursements have been announced by DEP for recipients enforcing the sewage provisions of Act 537. They are:
- $94,586 Bradford County Sanitation Committee;
- $112,211 Lycoming County Sanitary Committee;
- $203 Mifflin Township, Lycoming County;
- $36 Cogan House Township, Lycoming County;
- $71,302 Susquehanna County Council of Government Sewage Committee and ;
- $8,576 Central Keystone Council of Governments, Union County.
Individuals with questions, or who desire more information on these grants can contact Arnie Kriner in Sen. Yaw’s Williamsport District office at 1-800-443-5772.
Contact: Arnie Kriner
1-800-443-5772 or 570-322-6457