What: The state Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee, chaired by Senators Gene Yaw (R-23) and John Yudichak (D-14), will hold a meeting of the committee to consider the following bills:
- Senate Bill 726, PN 904 (Sen. Bartolotta) – Amends the Environmental Hearing Board Act of 1988 to provide clarity regarding permit appeals from decisions made by the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
- Senate Bill 727, PN 905 (Sen. Bartolotta) – Amends the Environmental Hearing Board Act of 1988 restructuring appointed terms for the Environmental Hearing Board’s membership.
- Senate Bill 891, PN 1249 (Sen. Yaw) – Amends Title 27 (Environmental Resources) to establish an “Advanced Permit Review Program.”
- Senate Resolution 191, PN 1130 (Sen. Yudichak) – Resolution Urging the United States Congress to Reauthorize the Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund (AMRF).
- Technical Amendment A03217
At the conclusion of the voting meeting, there will be a briefing to discuss the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). Participating in the briefing will be DEP Secretary Patrick McDonnell, who will discuss the Governor’s October 3rd Executive Order and his announcement to participate in RGGI; Chris Hoagland, Program Manager with the Maryland Department of the Environment’s Climate Change Program, who will provide a more in-depth overview of RGGI; and Glen Thomas, former chairman of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, to discuss carbon emissions and Pennsylvania’s power sector.
When: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 – 9:30AM
Where: 8E-B, Capitol East Wing
To watch the committee meeting/briefing LIVE, click here.
Nick Troutman, Executive Director