HARRISBURG – The Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee will convene Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 9:30 a.m. to consider the following legislation:
- Senate Bill 1331 – This legislation prohibits counties that ban natural gas development from receiving their share of impact fees and Marcellus Shale Legacy drilling funds
- House Bill 2367 – This legislation limits the issuance of permits for the construction or installation of wind turbines that negatively affect military installations.
- House Bill 2404 – This legislation amends the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act to create a continuous maintenance permit.
- House Bill 2405 – This legislation amends the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act to provide for county programs for the removal of obstructions and flood-related hazards on streams.
- House Bill 2406 – This legislation amends the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act to create a small stream maintenance project permit.
- House Bill 2407 – This legislation amends the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act to limit Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission authority or jurisdiction related to stream maintenance or clearing activities.
- House Bill 2458 – This legislation will create a taskforce to study the exportation of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to supply the energy needs of allies around the world and what obstacles are currently preventing Philadelphia from becoming a leader in exporting LNG.
- House Bill 2528 – This legislation requires the Department of Environmental Protection to prioritize awarding well plugging contracts to Pennsylvania companies before considering out-of-state companies.
The meeting will be held in Room 461 of the Main Capitol Building and will be livestreamed on PASenateGOP.com.
CONTACT: Nick Troutman